Anyone know of a good way to get Sony FDR-AX100 video into FCP 7 without losing quality? I can’t put in .mp4 into FCP 7, it won’t support the Sony format for some reason. What’s the best way to convert the files or get FCP 7 to recognize it? Would love any suggestions! Thanks! – Eric Holmes
I am buying a Sony FDR-AX100 next month, I am planning on filming and then editing my own 4K MP4 videos. What are the best settings that I need to notice when shooting? Currently I am using FCP X. – Billy Fields
Hello, I have a very urgent problem in the cut of my shots with the Sony FDR-AX100 in FCP 6. As soon as I try to think. MP4 files to import my FCP 6 Project to inform me with the premiere of this format is not supported. Have come to me already downloaded QuickTime Player, but nothing works. I’m Pretty desperate, someone has any idea what’s the problem? – James Jeffries
The Sony FDR-AX100 supports 4K resolution, which delivers 4X the detail of Full HD. That lets you capture the vibrance and incredible detail of real life. Sony’s FDR-AX100/B 4K video camcorder is one versatile little piece of technology and certainly one of Sony’s more interesting consumer market 4K ultra HD video recorder devices. This Handycam camcorder fills the gap between professional and affordable, using the efficient XAVC-S codec and is not much larger than Sony’s previous flagship Handycam models.
However, many Sony FDR-AX100 users especially the new users find it difficult to import the .mp4 footage from camcorder to Final Cut Pro (FCP X, FCP 7, FCP 6) for editing. Actually, there are an easy ways to achieve your goal smoothly. One is with a MP4 to FCP X Converter for Mac which is more effective. With this best XAVC S to ProRes Converter, you can convert Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC S to Apple ProRes 422/4444 with fast speed without quality lostness. If you like you can convert your recordings to other format for editing in Premiere Pro, iMovie, FCE, Avid, Movie Maker, etc. Check them out below.
Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac. The best Mac HD Video Converter software to convert 4K Videos or HD movies on Mac to other video formats so they can be used on portable devices or by editing software.
Free download Acrok HD Video Converter
Features of the 4K Video Converter
- Convert 4K/1080p/1080i/720p videos for playing, editing, uploading or burning.
- Support 4K videos encoded with H.265/HEVC, H.264, XAVC (S), MPEG, XviD, VP8, VP9, etc. (New)
- Support Audio like TrueHD, DTS-HD, Eac3, DTS, AC3, DTS-MA, AAC, etc
- Support ProRes/DNxHD/DVCPRO/AIC and other codecs for NLEs on Mac.
- Convert any video and audio for multiple trending devices.
- Support adding .srt/.ass/.ssa subtitles into any videos.
- Freely customize videos: trim, crop, 3D effect, image or text watermark.
How to convert Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC S for Final Cut Pro?
1. Click “Add File” to load 4K footage or directly drag the Sony FDR-AX100 files into file list. By default, the files are selected. If you would like to join all the selected files together, click “Settings” button then check the box of “Merge all files into one”. You could view the video files in preview window, simply highlight the file and click play button.
2. Click “Format” bar to and select “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”. It is the best format for editing in FCP X, FCP 7 and FCP 6.
3. Click “Convert” to start transcoding Sony FDR-AX100 XVC S MP4 to ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro editing without codec problems.