Import AVCHD/MTS from Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X
Learn the best workflow to import AVCHD files from Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X, you can convert Panasonic AG-HMC80 AVCHD to Apple ProRes codec MOV format, and then you can edit Panasonic AG-HMC80 files with FCP X natively.
Panasonic AG-HMC80 is a 3MOS AVCCAM HD shoulder-mount camcorder, it uses 3MOS sensor technology which help you to record full HD 1080p images with an effective motion-picture resolution of 2.51MP, you can get superb image quality. Besides 3MOS sensor, it also equipped with new HD lens which is ideal for full HD recording, and 12x Optical, 10x Digital Zoom is equipped. The Panasonic AG-HMC80 has powerful HD video recording feature, this AVCCAM camcorder can record AVCHD videos at 24 Mbps, you can record 1080/24p and 720 progressive images in addition to 1080/60i.
Other main features of Panasonic AG-HMC80
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS); Dynamic Range Stretch; High-quality 10.6MP Digital Stills; Cine-Like Gamma Curves; DV Compression Recording Supported; Solid-state Recording Functions; Slow Shutter and Synchro Scan; HDMI Output Terminal
Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X Application
“Hello, can anyone tell me the way to import videos from Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X? Not long ago I bought Panasonic AG-HMC80 AVCCAM HD Shoulder-Mount Camcorder and recorded a lot of video clips. Today I copied the Panasonic AG-HMC80 recorded MTS files onto my computer’s HDD and would like to edit Panasonic AG-HMC80 files with FCP X on iMac, but when I load the videos into Final Cut Pro X, I always get error, the Final Cut said the video format is not supported, after I searched on the Internet I know FCP X supported video formats are limited, the native format is Apple ProRes codec MOV format, do I need to convert Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X Apple ProRes? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
The question showed above is asked by a Panasonic AG-HMC80 user, on the Panasonic camcorder related forums there are a lot of users have encountered the Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X importing and editing issue, the Panasonic AG-HMC80 recorded videos are not compatible with Final Cut Pro X on iMac or MacBook, in this case how can we edit Panasonic AG-HMC80 files with FCP X smoothly? The best workflow is to convert AVCHD files from Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X supported format, and then you can edit the videos with native supported Apple ProRes codec.
Free download Panasonic MTS Converter
Convert Panasonic AG-HMC80 AVCHD to Apple ProRes for FCP X
Acrok MTS Converter for Mac is the best AVCHD to Apple ProRes converter on the world, it has full support for Panasonic AG-HMC80 recorded AVCHD files and other HD videos, include AVCHD MTS, M2TS, MXF, MOV, M4V, MPG, MP4, AVI, MKV, etc. so you can import nearly all the video formats into it for converting. This software has many optimized formats for editing programs and players, such as Apple ProRes codec for FCP X, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, AIC codec for iMovie, WMV/MOV formats for Adobe Premiere Pro, etc. now please free download this Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X converter from the link below, and we have prepared the easy steps that you can follow to convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes for FCP X.
1. Install Panasonic AG-HMC80 AVCHD to Apple ProRes converter, aka Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, run this program as the best Panasonic AVCHD converter on the world, you will see the main interface.
2. You can directly drag and drop the Panasonic AG-HMC80 AVCHD MTS files into the program for converting, besides this method, you can also click add files button to import the videos, batch loading and converting is supported, so you can load as much files as you want.
3. Move your mouse to the format tab, and then choose output format you need, to convert Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X, you are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is the native supported video format of Final Cut Pro X and Final Cut Pro 7. You can also choose other formats like DNxHD codec for Avid MC, AIC codec for iMovie, etc.
4. If you want to adjust the output settings before convert Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X, you can press settings button and adjust the bitrate, codec, resolution, and audio settings.
5. Press convert button, the Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X conversion will begin immediately.
When the Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X conversion is finished, you can click open folder button to get the converted files, and then you can load the footages into Final Cut Pro X for editing without any issue. Now you may have known the way to import Panasonic AG-HMC80 to FCP X and convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes codec, just download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac and take a try, hope it can help you.