Import Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCHD/MTS files to Final Cut Pro X
How to import Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCHD files to Final Cut Pro X for editing natively? One of the most effective methods is to convert Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCHD files to Apple ProRes codec MOV format, which is native supported codec of FCP X. Just read this article and try this method.
Panasonic AG-AC8PJ to FCP X Issue
“Have anyone encountered the Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCHD to FCP X importing issue? Today I want to load some footages from Panasonic AG-AC8PJ to FCP X for editing, but when I load the videos the Final Cut Pro X always shows errors, it said the file format is not compatible format for Final Cut Pro X, I checked the recordings and found that they are in AVCHD MTS format, is this format not supported by FCP X? How can I accomplish this? Can you give me some suggestions? Thank you in advance!”
The Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCCAM HD camcorder is hot on the recording market, at a cheap price the Panasonic AG-AC8PJ has powerful video recording feature, it uses 1/4.5″ High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor which can offer you sharp images even in low light situation. Besides this, this camcorder has Wide-Angle 28mm f/1.8-3.5 Lens, Dual SD Card Slots with Relay Auto Switch, 21x Optical & 50x Intelligent Zoom, Ergonomic and Functional Design, Multi-Purpose Lens Ring, Level Shot Function, etc. so it is an ideal camcorder for your recording.
How to import Panasonic AG-AC8PJ files to Final Cut Pro X?
The Panasonic AG-AC8PJ camcorder is able to record videos in AVCHD MT format, it is able to record videos in 1920×1080/60p at 28Mbps, 1920×1080/60i at up to 24Mbps, 1440×1080/60i at 5Mbps, 1280×720/60p at 8Mbps, and 720×480/60i at 9Mbps. After you got the Panasonic AG-AC8PJ camcorder, you must have recorded some videos with it, but when you import Panasonic AG-AC8PJ to FCP X, you will meet with problems, many Panasonic AG-AC8PJ users have reported that the Panasonic AG-AC8PJ recorded AVCHD MTS files are not compatible with Final Cut Pro X, this is because the FCP X supported video formats are limited, the native supported format is Apple ProRes codec MOV format, for other HD videos like AVCHD MTS files, if you try to load AVCHD into FCP X, you will get errors.
In this case, what’s the best workflow to import AVCHD files from Panasonic AG-AC8PJ to Final Cut Pro X? The most effective way is to convert Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCHD MTS files to Apple ProRes codec, this is native supported by Final Cut Pro X, once you transcode videos into this codec you won’t have any importing and editing issue. Which software can do Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCHD to FCP X conversion? Here we want to introduce the best AVCHD to FCP X converter for you, the software is called Acrok MTS Converter for Mac, this converter can convert all the HD videos to any video formats you need, supported HD formats include AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MXF, MOV, M4V, MP4, MKV, AVI, MPG, FLV, etc. now you can get the software from the link.
Free download Panasonic MTS Converter
Workflow to convert and import Panasonic AG-AC8PJ to FCP X
1. Download Acrok MTS Converter for Mac, install this AVCHD to FCP X converter on your computer, launch it you will see the main interface. This converter also has Windows version, you can also use it to convert HD files on Windows 10, Windows 8.1/7/XP, etc.
2. Click add files button on the top left corner to load Panasonic AG-AC8PJ recorded MTS videos, or you can directly drag and drop the videos into the software to convert.
3. Select output format you need, click format column and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), with this profile you will be able to edit Panasonic AG-AC8PJ videos in Final Cut Pro X smoothly. You can also choose other formats according to your need, just choose as you want in the format column.
4. You can customize the settings before convert Panasonic AG-AC8PJ to FCP X Apple ProRes, by clicking settings button and adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, video codec, audio codec, etc.
5. Video editing feature is also available to use, you can trim Panasonic AG-AC8PJ files, crop Panasonic AG-AC8PJ AVCHD videos, add watermark to the video, adjust effect to the video, etc.
Acrok MTS Converter for Mac will convert AVCHD files from Panasonic AG-AC8PJ to FCP X at fast speed and top quality, when the conversion process is done, you can import the videos into Final Cut Pro X and edit natively, there will be no problems anymore. Besides converting AVCHD to FCP X, you can also convert AVCHD to MOV, convert AVCHD to MP4, convert AVCHD to AVI, etc. Just try this best AVCHD converter, hope it can solve your problem.