How can I import 4K RAW files recorded by Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X and edit with Apple ProRes codec? In this article we will share the best Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X workflow with you, and you can easily transcode Sony NEX-FS700 4K files to FCP X Apple ProRes codec for editing on Mac.
Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X Question
“Hello, not long ago I purchased a Sony NEX-FS700 camera to record videos, the lens I use is 18-200mm, 11x f/3.5-6.3 Lens. These days I have recorded some 4K RAW footages and now I need to use them in Final Cut Pro X on Mac, but when I load Sony NEX-FS700 4K files to FCP X, I always get errors, FCP X said the video format is not supported, I guess the Sony NEX-FS700 4K RAW videos are not supported by FCP X, which format do I need to convert to? Hope you can give me some suggestions, thank you!”
Sony NEX-FS700 is an excellent 4K camcorder, it uses 4K Super 35mm CMOS image sensor which can record 4K, 12-bit RAW at up to 60fps to AXS recorder, it can also help you to record 2K, 12-bit RAW at up to 240fps or simultaneously records 4K/2K RAW externally, there is another great feature in this camcorder, that you can burst recording 4K RAW videos at 120fps for 3.75 seconds.
Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X Workflow
After recorded 4K RAW files with Sony NEX-FS700 camcorder, you may need to import 4K RAW files from Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X and edit 4K video on Mac, but it is not so easy to edit 4K video with FCP X, some Sony NEX-FS700 users have reported that FCP X can’t support Sony NEX-FS700 recorded 4K RAW videos. Why we can’t load 4K files from Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X for editing directly? It is because Sony NEX-FS700 recorded files are in unsupported video codec and format of FCP X, you will meet with importing and edit problems if you try to edit Sony NEX-FS700 files with FCP X. in this case, what’s the best workflow to import 4K RAW files from Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X? it is to convert Sony NEX-FS700 4K files to FCP X Apple ProRes codec MOV format, the Apple ProRes codec is native supported by Final Cut Pro X, and once you convert 4K video on Mac to Apple ProRes codec, you won’t have any problems with FCP X.
Convert Sony NEX-FS700 4K files to FCP X Apple ProRes
1. Download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, this is the top Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X converter on the market, run it as the best 4K video converter, with this program you can convert 4K video on Mac easily, 1080p videos are also supported to convert, nearly all the video formats are supported.
2. After you launched this Sony NEX-FS700 4K video converter, click add files button to import Sony NEX-FS700 recorded 4K RAW files, you can also directly drag and drop the videos into the software for converting. Batch loading and converting is well supported by this Sony NEX-FS700 4K video converter.
3. Click format column and choose FCP X Apple ProRes codec for output, just select Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this format is best for Final Cut Pro X. if you want to edit Sony NEX-FS700 4K RAW files with other editing programs, you can choose according to your need, there are rich optimized formats in this 4K video converter, such as DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, WMV/MOV formats for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, AIC codec for iMovie, etc.
4. You can use customization feature in this 4K video converter, before you convert 4K video on Mac, click settings button on the main interface you will be able to adjust the resolution, bitrate, codec, frame rate or others.
5. The final step to convert Sony NEX-FS700 to FCP X is just to click convert button on the interface.
This Sony NEX-FS700 4K video converter will convert Sony NEX-FS700 4K RAW files with top quality and speed, when the conversion process is finished, click open folder button to get the converted videos, and now you can import transcoded videos into Final Cut Pro X for editing.