Import Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC S MP4 to FCP X
What’s the best workflow to import Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC S MP4 to FCP X? after you read this article you will know the best way to edit Sony FDR-AX100 recorded 4K XAVC S MP4 videos with FCP X on MacBook or iMac, and you won’t have any issues.
Not long ago Sony company released the FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder, this excellent camcorder uses 1″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor and Bionz X Processor, which can help you to capture 4K Ultra HD Video at 30 fps/20MP Stills, it also equipped with Zeiss Vario Sonnar T Lens, 12x Optical Zoom & 24x Clear Image Zoom, Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization, etc. so with Sony FDR-AX100 you can easily shoot high quality footages.
From Sony FDR-AX100 user manual or its product page, you will learn that Sony FDR-AX100 is able to shoot videos in XAVC S, AVCHD, or web-optimized MP4 formats, besides 1080p recording, you can use it to capture 4K Ultra HD Video in 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution. You can shoot 4K videos in 3840 x 2160p / 30 fps or 3840 x 2160p / 24 fps, the video codec is XAVC S and the file format is MP4.
Import Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC S MP4 to FCP X for editing
After you recorded some 4K videos with Sony FDR-AX100 camcorder, you must want to import Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC S MP4 to FCP X for editing, because with FCP X you can make the recordings more excellent. But before you import 4K videos from Sony FDR-AX100 to FCP X, you will need to learn that Sony FDR-AX100 recorded 4K XAVC S files are not supported by Final Cut Pro X, because FCP X can’t support XAVC S codec well, the best native supported video codec of Final Cut Pro X is Apple ProRes codec. In this case, the best workflow to import Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC S MP4 to FCP X for editing is to convert import XAVC S MP4 files from Sony FDR-AX100 to FCP X native supported Apple ProRes codec, and then you can edit 4K video on Mac with Final Cut Pro X natively.
Convert Sony FDR-AX100 to FCP X Apple ProRes
To convert 4K video on Mac, you will need to use 4K video converter program, here we would like to recommend the best Sony FDR-AX100 4K video converter for you, the software is Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, with this software you can easily convert 4k video on Mac to any video formats you need, such as Apple ProRes for FCP X, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, etc. and then you can edit 4K video on Mac freely. Now please download this 4K video converter from the link below.
1. Download and install Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac on your computer, if you need to use it on Windows computer you can choose the Windows version. Run it as the best 4K video converter on Mac platform.
2. You can directly drag and drop the footages into the software for converting, or click add files button to import the videos into the software, batch loading and convetting is supported by this Sony FDR-AX100 to FCP X converter.
3. Choose Final Cut Pro X native supported format as output format. Just click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this format is best for Final Cut Pro X.
4. You can customize the output parameters by clicking settings button on the main interface, and then you can adjust the resolution, bitrate, codec or others to the parameters you want. If you don’t need to adjust just skip this step.
5. Click convert button the Sony FDR-AX100 to FCP X conversion will begin.
This 4K video converter will help you to transcode 4K XAVC S MP4 files from Sony FDR-AX100 to FCP X Apple ProRes codec in top quality and speed. Please wait some time, when all your videos are converted, you can import converted videos into Final Cut Pro X, and now you can edit 4K video with FCP X smoothly, and you don’t need to render anymore.